- The film was called Clerks, and it was a low-budget, independent ‘sleeper’ that got the attention of the film industry and audiences alike, garnering acclaim at the Sundance Film Festival and being picked up by Miramax (which, at the time, was one of the most aggressive companies in terms of recognizing and "cashing in" on up and coming talent). The industry was ready to give Smith a chance to make films with real resources, and filmgoers were anxious to see what Smith could deliver given a real budget, crew and actors. The Lord gave Smith his wit and his skills and his success – and how has Kevin Smith repaid his Maker? By making a string of films that, in every way possible, call the God of the Bible a liar, and promote, push and enable the youth of America (and the world) into leading lives of sin, and thereby helping to break their moral compasses. Here is a list and brief synopsis of Kevin Smith’s film work, as a writer and director, since Clerks:
- Mallrats (1995): God is a liar - sex, drugs and killing your enemies is cool – all done in cutesy, brat-pack-esque fashion.
- Chasing Amy (1997): God is a liar - being a dyke is cool. And other perversion is, too.
- Dogma (1999): God is a liar – mocking everything about religion is cool. And other perversion is, too.
- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001): Clerks (II), but not funny. God is a liar and perversion is cool.
- Jersey Girl (2004): Just really bad. Awful. Really. Rotten Tomatoes said: "Full of cloyingly sentimental clichés,” and it was nominated for 3 Razzie Awards (which are only given out for pure crap).
- Clerks II (2006): Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back II, or Clerks III. Same film – third making of it. God is a liar and perversion is still cool.
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno (2008): God is a liar – and Zack and Miri make a porno. This is probably his filthiest work.
- Then, in 2010, Smith decided to try to make a good film – finally. And by all early indications, it will be good. Red State is a film whose main character is inspired by Fred Phelps, pastor of Westboro Baptist Church. Not a true characterization, of course – but one inspired by the vilified persona that runs rampant throughout the media. In this film, Smith appears to be up to his old tricks – calling God a liar; this time, by straw man – painting a buffoonish image of Fred Phelps, absolutely devoid of truth, and then saying: “Look – a buffoon! Aren’t I clever?” Come on, Kevin. This is what it’s come to? He’s overused all of his cheap, tawdry comedy tactics in his other films to gain an audience – so now he’s resorted to demonizing perhaps the only man alive on this earth who will, straight up, tell you the truth about what the Bible says about your manner of life and your eternal prospects, and has made a mockery of the whole notion of loving your neighbor as yourself (by warning your neighbor that his sins are taking him to hell - Lev. 19:17-18).
- Smith has even resorted to having twitter exchanges with Phelps’ granddaughter, Megan Phelps-Roper, where she continually tries to elevate the dialogue and Smith continually behaves like the God-hating pervert he is. Exhibit ‘A’ on right: God Hates Fags. God Hates Fag Enablers. Therefore, God Hates Kevin Smith! All the perversion you put out there won’t change that somber fact.
Christ-Denying Jews and Revisionist Historian
Madonna’s still your wife, Sean. How’s it going in Haiti?
Brokeback Mountain was a game-changer. Selah.
There Will Be Blood When the Lord comes. Daniel’s included.
You think Heath paid, but you won't have to?
Glorified lesbianism, so she called God a liar.
Fagnostic, transvestive comedian. Aka basest of men.
Dude, you’re famous for being a pervert.
Media poster boy for doomed race: mocker, scoffer
Topeka adulteress who plays a mean dyke, pandering to fags
Comedy's version of Ham - that you're popular speaks volumes of the world.
What's eating Gilbert Grape? Sin. That's what.
Jew. Mocker. Pervert. Kinda redundant.