- Jimmy Swaggart was raised in an Assembly of God Church. He began in the Assemblies of God church with his preaching. They defrocked him in the 1980s, so he became non-denominational since then.
- He repeatedly committed adultery and pretended to repent in a very famous performance which is the one most often viewed of him in the YouTube world. He would not step down as instructed by the Assemblies of God leadership, so they excluded him lock, stock and barrel. So he just kept his congregation and called himself Non-denominational. He subsequently engaged in the same conduct of associating with a prostitute and was caught red-handed in c. 1991; but would not repent, telling his congregation that the Lord told him that it was none of their business.
- Swaggart preaches that God loves everybody. See page 8 of Vol. 44 of The Evangelist (Please note that he claims in this document that he has ministered for 55 years, about the same time frame as Westboro Baptist Church. He has thousands upon thousands of faithful followers. Is the preaching of the cross consistent with that result in the last of the last days in doomed america and world? Is that how it was in the days of Noah and Lot? See Genesis 6 and 19 and Luke 17.) God loves and has elected a remnant to salvation; the remainder He hates and has predestinated them to hell. For a complete, exhaustive exposition of this, see: “God loves everyone: the greatest lie ever told—701 Passages Proving God’s Hate and Wrath For Most of Mankind”
- He also denies many of the other fundamental doctrines of the Bible, including Total Depravity. See exposition of that point in the Creflo Dollar presentation. In an article in which he attempts to refute the doctrines of Sovereign Grace, Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart wrote: "Personally, I've always maintained that if the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints is accepted then (if a person is honest) he must accept the total depravity of man, unconditional election, the limited atonement of Jesus Christ, and irresistible grace. Obviously this final erroneous doctrine (which has caused untold millions of people to die and go to hell) is irrevocably linked to the preceding doctrines ... any attempt to divorce the perseverance of the saints from irresistible grace, the limited atonement, unconditional election, and the total depravity of man is futile. If you believe in one of these, you have to believe in all of them" (The Evangelist, Sept. 1983, p. 9). At least he’s honest about the fact that these blessed doctrines are inseparable.
- He speaks in tongues, aka "glossolalia": From a very young age, Jimmy Swaggart participated in “speaking in tongues.” He found that it mesmerized people; and it had a very cathartic effect on him. On any given occasion while he is performing he may suddenly break out in some jibber-jabber calling it speaking in tongues. From the first time he has done it to the last time he has done it he never used a real language, there was never any interpreter, and it was never for any edification. Jibber Jabber is Jibber Jabber. That’s why they call it Jibber Jabber.
- What sayeth the Scripture? Acts Chapter 2 illustrates the pristine use of tongues and is instructive: Acts 2:3 "And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 5 ¶ And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. 12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? 13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. 14 ¶ But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy."
- Paul clarifies the legitimate use of tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:26 ¶ "How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. 27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."
- In summary, the legitimate use of tongues was for the purposes of edifying, which condition precedent included the use of a real language by someone unfamiliar with the language, an interpreter who was unfamiliar with the language that was spoken by the one speaking in tongues; and above all else for edification. Not jibber jabber. And the bottom line is that tongues have ceased. 1 Corinthians 13:8 ¶ "Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." Clearly the use of tongues was for the early church age which did not have the full canon in written form. That canon is complete and the use of tongues is not necessary for that purpose of edification.
- Interesting historical note: In Topeka, Kansas, in the formative years of the cult which is now known as the Assemblies of God, c. January 1-3, 1901, Charles Fox Parham, at his Bethel Baptist College, dabbled in tongues. He intended to evangelize the world and he thought that it would be easier to utilize tongues to preach to persons in foreign lands that spoke a foreign tongue by having the preachers speak their language in their tongue by means of the Holy Spirit working in them. He figured this would be easier than teaching the students the specific foreign language to preach in their native tongue to the natives of that foreign country. (They had not come up with babble fish at that time and Al Gore hadn’t invented the internet). Parham claimed that one of his students eventually spoke in tongues (a real foreign tongue called Cantonese). But soon the plan to have a real foreign tongue spoken by the babblers was abandoned for Jibber Jabber. (See pages 29-32 of the Ann Seaman’s Unauthorized Biography of Jimmy Swaggart, above). It helped that they were also mostly full of new wine or full of something. No edification pretended at even. Jimmy Swaggart uses his far-reaching pulpit to blaspheme and lie on God and God hates him for it.
Pimped ‘god loves everyone’ to worldwide media
Priests rape boys, how evil is that?!
Graham passes baton to new whore
White man’s version of the Prosperity Doctrine
Israel’s Gentile Bitch!
Black man’s version of the Prosperity Doctrine
The most transparent of the lying whores!
You will not have diarrhea any longer in hell, Bob!