- When WBC began its faithful street ministry—starting with the “cruisy” area at Gage Park in Topeka where fags found comfortable quarters for anonymous sodomy—the media responded with strident vile words—putting black for white. The Topeka paper literally had front page stories with local officials standing ankle-deep in men’s underwear and condoms, with stinky mattresses in the background, with big headlines saying there was no problem with "gays" at the park. The local paper declared they would not say WBC Pastor Phelps’ name again until they wrote his obituary. Fool’s errand. Hundreds of thousands of words later they cannot not resist telling about WBC’s exploits; too much good ink there! And Pastor Phelps is still, by the grace and mercy of God, going strong!
- The main players in Kansas are the Topeka Capital Journal, the Wichita Eagle, the Kansas City Star and the Lawrence Journal World, alongside TV stations in the major urban areas (Topeka, KC, Wichita). They are an elitist group, who think they can control the government, morals, and thoughts of the people. They have eroded into near-irrelevancy in the course of WBC’s ministry, and all have climbed hard on the backs of the saints of God trying to stay alive.
- When you scratch just below the surface on these reporters, editorial writers, cartoonists and publishers—who with one voice castigate and try to drive into silence the servants of God—you find fags, whores, fornicators, adulterers, false prophets, and idolaters. Nothing original in the mix. In fact, in today’s media market if you break out even slightly from the party line, you risk losing access to important people. So no one dares. And they all know if they don’t pander to the masses with soul-damning sugary self-indulgent lies, they will not survive. Just like the ministry of propaganda in Hitler’s regime, the Kansas media set out with a very deliberate plan to vilify the words of the Bible and those who uttered them; and to systematically teach a false religion, and the twin lies, “It’s OK to be gay,” and “God is a liar,” to this state. WBC’s faithful 20+ years on the streets crystallized these liars in their one-brain-and-one-voice blasphemous propoganda.
- The religion of the Kansas media is the false religion of “God loves everybody,” that promotes sin with both fists. The media have appointed themselves the new theologians, so without batting an eye or any slight hesitation, they will whip out an editorial column about God, proclaiming that He loves all. The media has dumbed down the dialogue significantly, so they make no pretense of relying on any Scripture; they just declare it so—and all the deluded lemmings lap it up. The best way for any newspaper to boost its ratings, or any TV or radio program to raise its viewers or listeners, is to start blathering about how much God loves all these rebels. Thereby they have pickled them in their sin, and caused the people with one voice to rise up in rage and rebellion against God. Their lies swaddled the people in thick darkness, making WBC's words of bright light a painful contrast-causing great pain and consternation.
- Like bouncing atoms, the media come at the WBC over and over again—each thinking they have a way to shame them into silence. After the impotent “we won’t ever mention you again” at the Topeka Capital Journal (and other Topeka media), next thing you know—after God kept us on the streets—they had a multi-day, multi-full-page “special” on the WBC lambs. Full of lies; looked under every rock they could to find those who would defame so they could report: see here!
- They searched out a particular base fellow lacking (literally) one of his nuts, Jon Bell, who betrayed them and went off on his own side show, with some silly writing, and ended up having to sue Stauffer Communications to get to use it. It was a big fizzle for him and big surge in eyes-on-the-words for WBC. See story!
- Meanwhile the Topeka media whipped the locals into a frenzy, so they attacked WBC on March 26, 1993. Hugh Downs of 20/20 happened to be in town (sitting on the board of the Menninger Foundation), who went back and told John Stossel who, in July 1993, did a national story—launching WBC’s ministry to the national stage. Now they report on the WBC’s epic flittings on a nearly weekly basis, exhibit A. Look at all those signs! As various groups have tried to silence WBC—and WBC has waxed stronger and bolder by God's wisdom and strength—they’ve run endless special series/events; polls; in-depth and exclusives; etc., blah, blah, blah. Spreading the words like nobody’s business. They have seen to it that not a soul under 2 in Kansas can claim they didn’t see the signs and hear the words. Every time any media in Kansas talks about WBC now the comments in response are off the charts and push the story—again—to the #1 story. God did that and used you ingrates to do it!
- The Lawrence Journal World is a group of angry liberals who after the fashion of angry liberals think they get to control everyone with their vast intellect. They tried for years to choke the words out, but the story just got too big. Now they find themselves writing about WBC about every other week. They bought a TV station in Topeka along the way and did some mischief to one of God’s faithful lambs; they’ll get to answer for that on the Great and Terrible Day of Judgment; meanwhile that little lamb and his house prospered by the tender protective hand of the Lord His God! The TV station—that the little lamb was pushing to #1 in the market—promptly fell back down to last place, where it sits like a turd in a punch bowl.
- The Kansas City Star wrote a giant spread in the 1990s about the raping priests—lending itself nicely to WBC putting the spotlight on the fact that this nation with full knowledge that priests rape children, bow down and kiss the ring, fill up the parking lots, and thereby bring the wrath of God down all over this land. So kudos to the KCStar for that one useful act. Beyond that, they have tried to analyze, attack, threaten, browbeat, and intimidate WBC—all to no avail. So they too have settled in on simply time-and-again telling the story of this amazing ministry. They watch in shock and awe—because they grossly miscalculated from the start how God would do this marvelous and strange work with His Church!
- The Wichita Eagle tried for years to ignore WBC. They cover Western Kansas, and hatefully left them out of the loop on the bread of life from WBC’s signs for some years. Then the soldiers started dying; WBC started faithfully reporting to those worshiping the dead that the soldiers are dying for their sins, and worshiping dead carcasses would only make it worse. Kaboom! The Eagle went nuts! They tried to drum the little servants who happened to have employment with the State of Kansas right out of a job. The end result was a massive surge in attention from Wichita and all Western Kansas on these words. God does not let the media shut up His people—any more than He’s let any other enemy of the cross do so. Instead, He turns them into His servants—unclean ravens the Bible calls them—to work His will. "Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he" (Deut. 32:3-4).
- The latest gimmick by the Eagle was a series of stories about a crippled veteran of the Iraq war who loaded up weapons and 90 rounds of ammunition and trailed a van with five WBC faithful, looking to shoot them all dead—God had other plans for that gimpy ingrate—where they pretended this criminal was justified. Where was the Eagle’s famous biting editorial for this bit of illegal mischief by the thugs called bikers and veterans who were bred in Wichita and surrounds? See story! Tim Potter, Eagle reporter, was all over this, because he saw gold in those hills—and sure enough before long he was on the national airwaves telling the tale. "Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee; the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain" (Ps. 76:10).
- An honorable mention for the Associated Press in Topeka, Kansas. A little rat has been in that spot for years, who along with his new “wife” tried to get in the middle of the battle between WBC and the faux-Christians of this thankless seat-of-Satan community. He tries to get clever about the WBC from time to time-looking for a new, weird spin. He made himself so unsavory in their sight, when he tried to dog the members over the SCOTUS journey, he couldn’t get the time of day. See story! He was trying to make himself relevant in a giant national story that God sent—too little, too late. He had the Fountains of Living Water flowing for years, and despised them.
- The Kansas media did everything humanly possible to try to silence the WBC. It was gross blindness to the fact that God is in this ministry, so it will prosper. Two things happened instead: 1) The Kansas media published the words, and then began to fade; 2)WBC grew in strength by the hand of their mischief, because God sanctified that folly to His church's blessing!
- new york
3rd largest paper in US & kisses fag ass
Magazine for fudge packers. Amazing.
Married a fag. Pushes fag filth. Panders to "smart" fags.
Been shaping the zeitgeist against WBC for 60 years.
Is that an Adam’s apple?
- good as
Clever smarmy fag
Fall from Grace preached to the world. Thanks.
Early whiner about picketing Snyder’s funeral. Thanks.
Why not investigate your hatred of God?
- news week
Pushing fags down USA throats for years.
- daily kos
Fag spin on the Internet. Say it ain't so!
Squandered her skill on promoting sin & impressing dyke lovers.
Publisher of lies. Can you say, 'millstone?'